The Future of Employment Arbitration Webinar: What the Viking River Case Means for Employers
Join Pearlman, Brown & Wax, LLP’s Employment Law department for a webinar on possible changes to employment arbitration and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) claims on Wednesday, June 1 at 12 pm.
During this one-hour webinar, Corinne Spencer, Senior Employment Counsel and Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group, and Antwoin Wall, Senior Associate, will provide insight into the pending Supreme Court case Viking River Cruises, Inc. v. Moriana, predictions on how SCOTUS may rule, and guidance on how employers can prepare regardless of the decision. The webinar will also delve into the history and current realities of California’s arbitration agreement rules.
Corinne and Antwoin will cover:
- A brief history of arbitration agreements.
- Pros and cons of arbitration for employment-related cases.
- A brief summary on PAGA cases and how they currently skirt class action treatment and arbitration.
- Where are we now? The pending SCOTUS ruling on Viking River and the potential impact on PAGA claims.
- Best practices: how to prepare for the ruling.
- How to ensure your arbitration agreements are enforceable.
We look forward to seeing you there! Register now.
Wednesday, June 1 | 12 – 1pm PT
About the Presenters
Corinne Spencer is Senior Employment Counsel and Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group. She focuses on counseling clients in employment-related matters including litigation, risk assessment, policy preparation, and training.
Phone: (818) 646-5648
Senior Associate Antwoin Wall assists clients in employment matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour litigation.
Phone: (310) 856-4729