April 11, 2023
Join Pearlman, Brown & Wax, LLP in a webinar geared to claims professionals and others who want to understand evolving trends in apportionment of permanent disability on April 26, 2023, from 9 am to 11 am PT.
Apportionment expert and retired Workers’ Compensation Judge Raymond Correio and Partner Yvonne Lang will provide detailed insight into the legal standards surrounding apportionment, how apportionment is determined and current developments in this area that affect employers. They will cover:
- The history and fundamental principles of workers’ comp apportionment.
- Critical issues in determining whether medical reports constitute substantial medical evidence and what to look for in 2023.
- Causation of injury and causation of permanent disability—a contentious and continuing issue.
- Benson apportionment basics and recent case developments.
- Understanding and reconciling the Hikida and Justice
- Vocational apportionment versus medical apportionment.
Wednesday, April 26 | 9 am – 11 am PT REGISTER HERE
Senior Associate Raymond Correio specializes in all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation from case inception to trial and appeal. He is a member of the California Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorney’s Association and the Retired California Workers’ Compensation Judge’s Association.
Phone: (818) 392-5413
Senior Partner Yvonne Lang specializes in the defense of workers’ compensation claims and is an experienced trial attorney having successfully litigated complex issues before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Phone: (805) 301-1431