January 11, 2024
As a guest on the Good Morning, HR podcast, Partner Corinne Spencer discussed the latest changes in California employment law, including:
- California’s Fair Chance Act regulations
- Who qualifies as an employer or employee under the FCA
- The criminal history inquiry rules under the FCA
- What employers are allowed to consider regarding criminal records
- The challenge with individualized assessments
- Steps employers in California must take before utilizing an applicant’s criminal history
- The importance of documentation
- How the FCA might apply to an out-of-state employer hiring talent from California
The episode is pre-approved for .5-hour HR (California) recertification credit for HRCI-certified professionals and .5 professional development credit for SHRM-certified professionals.
Listen to the episode here.
Media Contact: Berbay Marketing & PR