Updated Copy Service Fee Schedule Takes Effect for Dates of Service On/After July 15, 2022
The DWC has updated the copy service fee schedule effective for dates of service on and after July 15, 2022. The reimbursement includes the following:
- Flat rate for initial set of records – $230 (increased from $180)
- Canceled service before records produced – $75
- Certificate of No Records – $75
- Additional set of records – $10 (increased from $5, requested within 30 days after issued subpoena; decreased from $30, requested 30 days after issued subpoena)
- Per page rate for documents over 500 pages – $0.10 per page
- Duplication of x-ray or scan per sheet – $10.26
- CDs of x-rays or scans – $3
- Sales tax
- Surcharge for late payment
There are also charges where the amount would be indicated if it is a contracted service. This means services are payable under an agreement between a claims administrator (or employer) and a copy service provider. In this instance, the requested services and additional sets are payable based upon the rate agreed upon between the parties.
What has been removed is specific reimbursement for records obtained from EDD and WCIRB and will apply for dates of service on or after 7/15/2022. Previously, the Fee Schedule allowed reimbursement of $20.00 for obtaining records from EDD and $30.00 to obtain WCIRB records. These will no longer be in effect.
Bills must be paid or contested within thirty (30) days of receipt by the claims administrator. Absent objection from claims, if a bill is not paid timely, a 25% increase is due.
For dates of services before July 15, 2022, the flat rate for the initial set of records remains $180.