October 10, 2023
Join Pearlman, Brown & Wax, LLP in a webinar geared toward CLAIMS professionals and our employer clients who want to understand evolving themes, trends and problem areas that are HOT OFF THE PRESS regarding apportionment of permanent disability on October 26, 2023, from 10 am to 12 pm PT.
Apportionment expert and retired Workers’ Compensation Judge Raymond Correio and Partner Yvonne Lang will provide detailed insight into the legal standards surrounding apportionment, how apportionment is determined and current developments in this area that affect employers. They will cover:
- The history and fundamental principles of workers’ comp apportionment.
- Critical issues in determining whether medical reports constitute substantial medical evidence and what to look for in 2023.
- Causation of injury and causation of permanent disability—a contentious and continuing issue.
- Benson apportionment basics and recent case developments.
- Understanding and reconciling the Hikida and Justice
- UPDATES on Vocational apportionment versus medical apportionment, including an in-depth discussion and analysis of the recent en banc decisions from the WCAB in the Nunes